Company

SRG SSR is an independent, federalist media company organised under private law with around 6,000 employees. It comprises the General Management and the five Enterprise Units Radiotelevisione svizzera (RSI), Radiotelevisiun Svizra Rumantscha (RTR), Radio Télévision Suisse (RTS), Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen (SRF) and SWI swissinfo.ch (SWI).

SRG SSR is the largest media house in Switzerland with a turnover of CHF 1.65 billion. It generates 75 per cent of its funding from fees and the other 25 per cent from commercial offerings. The SRG is a non-profit organisation which provides an audiovisual public service on behalf of the federal government.

The General Management in Bern is responsible for the management, coordination and communication of the entire SRG. The Enterprise Units create and broadcast content in the different language regions of Switzerland, and SWI swissinfo.ch publishes online journalistic content for abroad.