Your position in the website
SRG SSR offers 18 radio stations:
- Six German-language stations from Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen (SRF)
- Four French-language stations from Radio Télévision Suisse (RTS)
- Three Italian-language stations from Radiotelevisione svizzera (RSI)
- One Romansch station from Radiotelevisiun Svizra Rumantscha (RTR)
- Three music stations from Swiss Satellite Radio (SSatR)
- The English-language station "World Radio Switzerland" (WRS), which is available throughout Switzerland
Nine out of ten people listen to the radio every day. Whether at home, in the car, at work or in a restaurant, radio is listened to everywhere for an average of around two hours. Listeners tune in most often and spend most time listening to the stations offered by SRG SSR, which is the clear market leader in all language regions. Depending on the area in question, the competition faced by SRG SSR may be mainly domestic or mainly foreign.
- SRG SSR enjoys a dominant lead in Italian-speaking Svizzera italiana, with a market share (1) of 84 percent. Any competition in this region is from stations from other countries.
- In German-speaking Deutschschweiz, SRG SSR stations occupy 66 percent of the market and compete mainly against domestic commercial broadcasters.
- In French-speaking Suisse romande, where the SRG SSR market share is 67 percent, SRG SSR faces competition from both domestic commercial stations and foreign broadcasters.
- With 80 percent of the Romansch-speaking market in Svizra rumantscha, SRG SSR enjoys a sound footing, although there is competition in the shape of domestic commercial stations here, too.
(1) A large number of broadcasters are vying for the attention of the audience in an increasingly tough market. The term "market share" (sometimes known as "audience share") describes the proportion of total radio consumption attracted by the individual station.