Your position in the website
SRG SSR offers 17 radio stations:
- Six German-language stations from Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen (SRF)
- Four French-language stations from Radio Télévision Suisse (RTS)
- Three Italian-language stations from Radiotelevisione svizzera (RSI)
- One Romansch station from Radiotelevisiun Svizra Rumantscha (RTR)
- Three music stations from Swiss Satellite Radio (SSatR)
Nine out of ten people listen to the radio every day. Whether at home, in the car, at work or in a restaurant, radio is listened to everywhere. Listeners tune in most often and spend most time listening to the stations offered by SRG SSR, which is the clear market leader in all language regions. Depending on the area in question, the competition faced by SRG SSR may be mainly domestic or mainly foreign.
- SRG SSR enjoys a dominant position in Italian-speaking Svizzera italiana, with a market share (1) of 77.7 percent (2015).
- In German-speaking Deutschschweiz, SRG SSR stations occupy 64.9 percent (2015) of the market and compete mainly against domestic commercial broadcasters.
- In French-speaking Suisse romande, where the SRG SSR market share is 66.6 percent (2015), SRG SSR faces competition from both domestic commercial stations and foreign broadcasters.
- With 81 percent (2015) of the Romansch-speaking market in Svizra rumantscha, SRG SSR enjoys a very sound footing, although there is competition in the shape of domestic commercial stations here, too.
(1) A large number of broadcasters are vying for the attention of the audience in an increasingly tough market. The term "market share" (sometimes known as "audience share") describes the proportion of total radio consumption attracted by the individual station.